Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do I get paint splatters and drips off of concrete?

It's water based paint but it has drived and cannot be scraped. Any ideas?How do I get paint splatters and drips off of concrete?
I have used Oven Cleaner. Spray it on...let it sit for a while....then use high pressure on the hose to wash it away. If needed...spray some on and use a steel wire brush to work the area....then rinse it off.How do I get paint splatters and drips off of concrete?
I would use a pressure washer the problem with it being on cement, is that its very pourus and hard to scrub or scrap, A pressure washer should help get in the nicks of the concrete , you could also try a wire type brisstle brush.GL
I would go to hardware or home improvement store and ask for Goof Off. It safely removes dried paint from most surfaces as long as there's not paint below it.





Then again, on concrete, paint thinner might work too.
best thing i've found is muratic acid. and all that does is lighten it up, with a lot of scrubbing. concrete is so pourous, it just soaks in. the acid etches the concrete.
Pressure washer. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment