Thursday, February 18, 2010

How can I make paint drips on my pictures?

I'm a very amateur painter/artist and I've just been messing around with paints and pastels and such, trying to find my groove you could say. Well, my style is a little messy, typically very offbeat and unorthodox a bit. I've been wanting to try some pain drips going down the paintings, and I tried doing that with a picture yesterday but I didn't get the desired result. I mostly use acrylics and water colors, and I tried watercolors but I must be doing it wrong. So could anyone give me an idea of how to get a lot of straight even drips? something a little alex pardee-ish is what I'm going for, or rather the way he drips. :D thanksHow can I make paint drips on my pictures?
Watercolor is pretty easy to drip. Just make sure you have a lot of water in the dish. You'll want to press your brush pretty hard against the cake of paint (without damaging the brush) so that it doesn't become too diluted with all the water. Then just dab it all in one place on the paper and let it go. Acrylic is trickier, but you can pretty much use the same technique. If you ever want to get into spray painting, you can make some mighty fine drips but just over-saturating an area and letting it run.How can I make paint drips on my pictures?
you can splat it a little then blow it to a strate line hmm a messy aritist you can do some fun designs with splating and some fun stuff like that make it colorfull like they say some one colorfull is a artist
Set your painting up vertically by hanging it on a wall or putting it on an easel (and put some newspaper or something down underneath it). In a small plastic cup, put a little paint and thin it down with a lot of water (if you're using oil, then obviously you'd use OMS instead). Get close to your painting with the cup and a brush. Load your brush with a lot of the watered-down paint, so that the brush is so full its about to drip off. Put the full brush up to your painting so that the paint drips off at the point where you apply it. You may need to do this several times to get enough of the paint built up in one spot to really start dripping.





Just keep experimenting with paint and you'll find techniques for getting the kinds of results you want. Good luck!





Rose


http://effartblog.blogspot.com


http://www.rosebriccetti.com

No comments:

Post a Comment