Thursday, February 11, 2010

What is a good brand of interior paint for a kitchen and general living area that doesn't drip too much?

I really need to paint kitchen and the interior of my house but I don't want a drippy mess.What is a good brand of interior paint for a kitchen and general living area that doesn't drip too much?
Behr has an excellent quality paint for interior use. You can get it at Home Depot. Doesn't run, goes on smooth. It's the only brand that I use now for interior painting.What is a good brand of interior paint for a kitchen and general living area that doesn't drip too much?
any of your standard latex brands sold by home depot-lowes ect.
I painted my entire apartment two years ago with Benjamin Moore and love it. It was easy to use, and has not peeled or chipped at all. I also have hung up a lot of paintings and putting nails has not been a problem with chipping either. Definitely a quality paint. Most of my apt has the eggshell finish. In my kitchen I used an eggshell on the walls and a semi-gloss on the cabinets so they are easy to wipe down. I also painted the inside of my cabinets with a really pretty sky blue ( I have no windows in the kitchen) and it gives the illusion of windows when I open them...they look great! Just an unsolicited painting suggestion...good luck!
i recently painted my kitchen. I did not want to strip wallpaper so I took a chance with Kilz paint. It took two coats and covered perfectly. I am sold on this product.
Hi, Behr is a good one, sold at the Home Depot. Make sure you use either gloss, or simi gloss for a kitchen. Also make sure they shake it good in the paint shaker,and give you stir sticks so you can stir it before you use it. Glidden is another good brand,if they still make the ultra series,than use that. Have Fun
My favorite is Pittsburgh Paint. Goes on smooth and covers usually in one coat. Doesn't drip. Leaves a beautiful finish, that's washable too. They make several different finishes. So you'll have no problem selecting ones suitable for both areas.


This is the only paint I've ever used that actually made painting enjoyable.
I like Sherwin Williams best! Second choice would be Glidden ( home depot) much preferred over Behr.

No comments:

Post a Comment