Thursday, February 11, 2010

How can I reglaze my bathroom wall tile without the self leveling paint dripping?

I attempted to reglaze my bathroom wall tile (subway tile) with self leveling reglazing paint. It went on relatively smooth but after it dried there were drips and bubbles all over. Does anyone have any recommendations? I used a Purdy 2'; brush.How can I reglaze my bathroom wall tile without the self leveling paint dripping?
I assume you don't strictly like the MATTE finish of the tile?





Obviously the first two answers are valid; but even beyond that NOTHING on this planet will be successful over the long term in glazing tile that's already been fired. Even Subway tile has some level of glazed finish fired in. It's GLASS...





Self leveling would relate strongly to Gravity. The bubbles might be from agitation of the substance, but the drips are gravity.How can I reglaze my bathroom wall tile without the self leveling paint dripping?
The bubbles are probably from either improperly cleaned surface, or a cleaning agent residue still on the wall..OR%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;this is important..if the glazing is a solvent based or even a good polyurethane or epoxy base..you do not shake this paint..you stir it gently, same as any clear coat or varnish..if shaken ..it will create bubbles...
Even on floors you will get that bubbling type mess and some brush streaks. Your best bet if you are a perfectionist is to scrape it all off then get a sprayer to apply the paint.
The self leveling product is for use on floors only.
  • c++
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment